Thursday, March 27, 2008

Kidney Stones

At about 3am this morning I woke up with a painful feeling like I had to pee. Which was weird, I never wake up during odd hours of the night to do so. But it hurt so bad I thought I would try. I did my business and went back to bed. Then a few minutes later my bladder and right kidney were stinging in pain. I woke Robert up to tell him about the pain I was feeling and I think he wanted to brush it off until I started to scream and sobb from the pain. He asked if I needed to go to the ER. I really didn't want since we are already struggling financially this week. When I got up again to see if maybe I just needed to pee once more I stumbled to the ground. My kidney hurt so bad I could not walk on my own. Robert jumped out of bed to get dressed, I was trying to do the same from the floor. It was a sad sight. I crawled from the bedroom to the bathroom just to try one more time. My face went completely white, all my color washed away. The pain was so excrutiating that I had lost blood from the head and passed out. Robert had to help me down the stairs and into the car. On the way to the Hospital I threw up from the stabbing feeling in my back. I have had Kidney stones so many times in my life I have figured out that they come every 3 years and during a time in my life that is very stressful. Well it just so happened to be 3 years after my last stone and obviously we have been going through a stressful week. Well we made it to the ER and Robert wheeled me in, they made me pee in a cup, put me on some morphine and stabbed me with the IV about 80 times I wanted to smack the nurse and tell him how much pain I am already in does he really have to make it any worse! I was in the ER from 3am to about 8am with 2 doses of morphine, a blood pressure drop, and my stones switching from right to left kidney. I love my life! Robert was a trooper though and am thankful for doing everything he could to make me comfortable. By the way, kidney stones are not comfortable. As far as I can tell I haven't passed it yet and I know from experience that it will pass anytime it wants. Thankfully they sent me home with some percocet when that time comes. I don't wish this pain on my worst enemy.

4 comments:

The Waldram Family said...

You poor girl! Let me know I you need anything?

brenbot said...

Whoa! Take care of yourself and have fun on that Percocet.

Justin and Shannon said...

I am so sorry bethany. I would love to help in whatever way i can. Justin and I live just down the way from you guys and would help with moving or whatever you need. Even if it is just a nice lunch out on me. Call me anytime please i am here for you. 801-787-4304

Jay and Kerry said...

Hi Bethany! I'm Robert's friend, Kerry, from high school. I just wanted to say I'm so sorry! I just had two emergency surgeries, too, so I know how not fun it is to be in the hospital and in recovery after that. I hope you get feeling better! (I just finished my last percocet last night! I'd better get better soon!) If you want to read our blog it's jayandkerrymcmillanfamily.blogspot.com. I'd love to share it with you guys!