Monday, March 10, 2008

Making Tortilla Chips!

Last night I was craving chips and salsa but we didn't have tortilla chips. But we did have a huge bag of soft corn tortillas. So I cut them into 4ths to create the triangle shape and put them in a pan with boiling canola oil. It was great. I have never made them before so I didn't know what I was doing, I just sort of guessed. Back to the process. I boiled them for a few seconds turned them over, repeat, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then I drained them and put them in a freezer bag with salt, shake and shake and shake. Ta da I did it all on my own! Robert and I ate them with salsa until they were all gone. Robert said I make good home made tortilla chips. I was pretty excited about that I made a ton more tonight. What a bold move for me to make, probably because I am craving salt so bad lately. No I am not pregnant. Gross. But if anybody wants to try some let me know!

3 comments:

The Waldram Family said...

I was going to ask "Are you pregnant?", I guess not! Chips and salsa sounds really good right now. It's great to think outside the box when cooking!

Rochelle said...

Welcome to the world of "cooking from scratch." You can also cut them, salt them and bake them to reduce the fat. Yummy!

Heather and Spencer said...

I have done this before too! Mine didn't turnout as well though...oh well. I just felt bad for Spencer, I made them once we realized it was Super Bowl Sunday and had no snacks!