Monday, June 23, 2008

My new friend Ford

On my way home from work today I saw a dog running along side the fastlane of the freeway. I immediatly pulled over and stopped the car. By instinct I got out and called the dog towards me, he came willingly and jumped in the backseat. I drove to the nearest exit to examine him. No broken bones, no scars, blood. He had tags and looked like he was well taken care of. I called the number provided and left a message. His name is Ford, he is an older Pitbull Terrier. Very sweet and thankful for being found. I took him home with me and waited for his owner to call me back. Long story short, I got a call from his owner saying he was on business in New Mexico and would have his girlfriend give me a call. Both were very thankful that I took him in, since most of the people on the freeway passed him up. I could not continue to drive knowing that dog could get hit and die. I am thankful I found him. I feel like Heavenly Father trusts me to do the right thing and thats why I experience the things I do. I was not afraid of Ford, I felt he was waiting for the right person to rescue him off that noisey freeway. He had escaped from the place he was staying at. He is a good dog and am thankful I got to know him. I am thankful he has loving and concerned owners and would do anything to get him back. Random acts of kindness are rewarding in itself.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Good Job Bethany.

Shelly said...

awe, but did you get any other reward? Good job. You are one of the most compassionate (towards animals and humans) people that I know.

Jay and Kerry said...

Soooo sweet of you! You have a big heart! :)