Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Months Worth of Updates


So, I know it's been a month since I last posted a blog. I'm horrible. Life has been busy. So let's start from the beginning. Robert got a job at Mobile Sence Tech in Westlake, he started school, I have been spending a lot of time at the rescue I volunteer at, I start school in 2 weeks (I'm really excited for this). All of our married friends are pregnant or trying to get pregnant. I'm excited for them, being able to move forward with their lives and wanting to become parents, but none of them are going to convince me that it's a good idea for us to have kids. No way. I'll wait until Melissa D. and Emily V. get married and have kids. Right now we are in the clear. What I don't understand is why do people disappear off the face of the Earth once they find out they are prego? Maybe some of you who just had kids can answer this for me.

Anyways back to our life. We have been going to DisneyLand a ton, and my nephew, Blayke came to visit for 2 weeks and we had tons of fun with him. We took him to the DL. Blayke is one of my fave nephews so of course when he comes to visit, naturally we are going to spoil him. The thing is, Blayke is 16. I am much closer to my older nieces and nephews than I am with my younger ones. I grew up with them, they are alomost like siblings. And once they reach a certain age they are a lot of fun to be around. I'm not ready to be an adult figure to most kids, I'm still immature myself. Robert and I still like to have fun and be nerdy and all over the place. You don't want to trust your young children with us, the truth is we don't know what to do with them. The fatherly and motherly instincts skipped us, we just aren't that way. But having Blayke around was fun, he is a great kid and I am proud of the choices he has made in life. When I download pics, I'll post another blog.

No comments: