Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Inbetween Life and Death

This week a niece of mine tried to take her own life. Thankfully without success. She has been in the hospital in critical condition. The doctors are still not sure if she will pull threw, and if she does there is the high possibility of brain damage.

This has been very hard on our family, and I am not handling it very well. She is only 15. Suffering from depression and negative attention if any attention at all from her parents. We all are going through the feelings of what could we have done to prevent this. Well what it comes down to is maybe we couldn't have.

I don't know what the outcome will be. I pray to Heavenly Father that his will be done. I want what's best for my niece. I pray our family will be strong and get through this together. If she doesn't make it at all, I am thank that Heavenly Father is giving us the time that we have right now to be able to come to terms with her situation rather than taking her right away leaving the rest of us hysterical.

I didn't sleep at all last night. I didn't go to work today. I stayed in my room and in my pajamas until 2. I have been lifeless and depressed. I love my neice as if she were my own sibling. We were close until her parents took away her only way to connect with the rest of the family.

Please keep my family in your prayers. And to the parent's out there, please pay attention when your child is crying out for your love, attention, and hope, so they don't result to this.

I'll will keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

The Waldram Family said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I can feel with you because of a similar circumstance that I recently went through...please call me! Also, President Anderson from the YSA ward is an excellent person to talk to! He gave me some of the greatest comfort and great advice to help me cope (especially when you hear really negative things from members of the church). Please give me a call, I will understand better than you think!

Love,

Lauren

Jay and Kerry said...

How awful. I know depression. I'm going through it right now. Times like these are definitely hard on the whole family and friends. The pain I know it would cause them is what's kept me alive. I hope that she pulls through and I hope that you and your family can get through it soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jessica Kay said...

I'm so sorry! We'll definitely keep you and your family in our prayers.

Emily said...

Bethany, I am so sorry to hear about this. You and your family are in our prayers.