Friday, September 19, 2008

Laid Off

I was laid off yesterday. I have no job. They terminated me because of all the days I missed due to River's death and memorial service. It really hurts us to not have a second income at the moment, but I also get this time to myself to grieve poperly. I will be putting in more volunteer hours at the animal rescue and continue to search for a job. I am also having business cards made so people can use me as a pet sitter or have dog training consultations. Since I am not certified yet, I can only consult. I'll be able to focus more on school and finish faster as well.

Not only was I depressed in the first place, this just made it worse. But I need to try to find a positive out of this. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm wishing you luck. Try to focus on the gospel principles that you know to be true and they will give you great comfort. Maybe it sounds weird, but your grieving can turn to joy. Life goes on for us, and we KNOW that River is having the time of her life right now.

Jessica Kay said...

Not having a job for a while could be really fun...enjoy it while it lasts! Maybe take up a new hobbie or try to finish a project or two you've been neglecting.