Monday, September 22, 2008

Sponsor me & Link in the Wag N' Walk 2008, to benefit homeless and abused animals



Dear Friends and Family,

On September 27th, I will be participating in the Wag N' Walk, a first of its kind event ever to come to Simi Valley! Similar in nature to other charity walks, but with a fun canine twist - the Wag N' Walk invites animal lovers and their beloved canine companions on a walk to help raise much needed funds to benefit Animal Rescue Volunteers (ARV) and their vital life-saving animal rescue programs. This is an organization that I support, and I would like to ask you to support my efforts by making a donation to ARV. My fundraising goal is $300 - I hope you will help me reach my goal. You can easily sponsor me by making a secure credit card donation at www.arvsimi.org or sending a check to ARV's address listed below. Please be sure to indicate you are making a donation in my name. Your donation is tax deductible and you will be sent a tax deductible donation thank you letter.

Anyone who has felt the tenderness of a gentle paw on their knee or the tickle of whiskers on their cheek knows why pets are special creatures. They are comfort, companionship, and camaraderie. Our pets live in the moment, and they put us in the moment, taking us away from our hectic lives, easing stress, and showering us with love and joy. This is why ARV works to save the lives of these wonderful creatures.

What Animal Rescue Volunteers Does and Has Accomplished

Animal Rescue Volunteers is a non-profit organization that has played a vital role in our community by assisting Animal Control Agencies to save thousands of unwanted pets before they were destroyed. They have been instrumental in the adoption and referral adoptions of over 4,900 animals from 1994 thru today. This organization helps to feed, house, provide medical attention and care for dogs, cat and horses that they have rescued from the animal shelter, a fire, earthquake or flood and then place them in forever loving homes.

ARV is an all volunteer organization, relying only on foster homes and private donations to continue their work. They do not maintain a costly facility or paid staff so all monies raised from the Wag N' Walk directly benefit homeless animals in our community!

Thank you so much for helping me make a difference in the lives of so many homeless pets in Simi Valley and the surrounding communities! I appreciate your sponsorship and also invite you to join me on September 27th to Wag N' Walk!

For more information, please call me or log onto


For the animals,

ARV1464 Madera Rd. #N350

Simi Valley CA 93065

3 comments:

Clint and Jen said...

Hi Bethany,
Its Jen Wear, well now I'm jen Seader...I am so happy yo find you on here. Hope all is well with you. Where are you livin' these days? Your dogs are super cute

Kurt And Jeana said...

Bethany,
Yes you can spoil Harlyn all you want! We are very excited that we got to see her face! Sorry you got laid off. That sucks. I hope everything else is going good.

brenbot. said...

I will definitely sponsor you. Can I stand on the sidelines and cheer you on?