Monday, November 17, 2008

Sleep Deprived and Migraines

So for the last week or 2 I have been waking up so tired and disoriented. The sun shines through the window earlier since daylight savings ended and it wakes me up too early. So not fun. And the rest of the day I am like some slob walking around like a zombie with migraines.

Migraines are the absolute worst. I have been getting them since I was 11 or 12 and after my car accident they got even worse. I called a medical study institute about joining their migraine study and they said they couldnt help me because I get more than 8 migraines a month. What's a girl got to do to get her migraines taken care of. I've used the migraine meds and they didnt work. Now I'm on Naproxen which is an anti-inflamatory and is used more for arthiritis. It helps a little but I cant take it as often as I get the migraines. I dont want to use any pain meds I just want the migraines cured.

I watched an Unsolved Mysteries episode last week about a woman who got a migraine so bad she hemoraged and forgot 13 years of her life. Call me paranoid but I don't want to loose my memory more than I already have. Not to mention that chocolate and gluten set my migraines off as well. Who in their right mind doesn't need chocolate?

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ugh, I know the feeling, but I've never had that many as often. Do you know the list of foods to avoid? Eat healthier, try to get more sleep, try to avoid stress, and maybe ask your doctor if there is a hormone or something that you could benefit from.