Monday, February 23, 2009

Photography and my creative slump

So here is another edition of Robert rants. Lately I have been feeling very UN motivated and UN creative, but today I started to get the urge to start taking pictures again. I love taking pictures it is one of my favorite pastimes I don’t think they’re very good but I like to do them and I like to get feedback on what I need to do to make things better. I have been talking to Leah lately about what she wants to go to school for and I told her how I wanted to go to school for photography but I didn’t because the prospects of making a living in that field is very low. So that’s why I’m in school for film, I know that I need to move up in my camera to a little bit more of a professional camera just because I have gotten better at taking pictures but I don’t have the means to spend anywhere from $400-$600 dollars for a new DSLR that’s just not going to happen. Well enough of that jibba jabba my main thing is I’m trying to get out of this slump I’m in and so my question is. Should I start a blog in which to post some of my pictures? Who would actually look at it? If you think this might be a good idea let me know. I mean 90% of the pictures on this blog are taken by me.

7 comments:

brenbot said...

I would read it. But you have to come up with a clever name for your blog. Ideas:

Robertosaurus-Rex
Berto and Lens: The Blog
xROBERTx - The Lens Stops Here

Robert and Bethany Pearson said...

ha ha ha berto and lens sounds like I have a sidekick

Shelly said...

mmm? just leave out the "and" and make it Berto's Lens. Yes, I vote for a blog. If you like what you do than others will too. Take a look at some of Uncle Jason's photo posts. It's just a hobby that he picked up, but some of them are very good. So don't be your own worst critic. Be creative, be yourself, and be brave!

The Olsens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Olsens said...

Sorry I had to delete my last post...to many typos! Anyway, yes you should have a blog. I want to see more pictures. By the way do you want a camera. Its kindof old and uses ummm I think it's called film so it's not digital but you can have it if you want it. We have two SLR's and they are both sitting in the closet. Let me know

Ryan said...

+20 to Robertosaurus-Rex

Anonymous said...

Mom says...Yes, post your pictures. You never know who might see them. You have always been very talented in this area and I would love to see some of your work. As for the name well Berto's Lens sounds very professional. Dad says it should be Robbie the Raptor and Karen says it should be...I don't know. Steve-O's Photos might be good, too. Love ya!!