Friday, August 21, 2009

Second Ultrasound Results

I had my second ultrasound yesterday. Apparently I am further along than we originally thought. I am now 6 1/2 weeks along and the new due date is April 5th. Robert was there with me to do his Fatherly/Husbandly duty. We got to see the fetus on the monitor and got to see the heart beating. It was mind blowing. My O.B. gave us a little picture of our tiny fetus. I have been showing it to everyone.

I am still exhausted and nauseous everyday. I feel a little better once I take a shower and try not to look so gross. I am going to invest into those Preggie Pops and hope that they work with my nausea.

I am hestitant to be excited about being pregnant until I know I am far enough along that I won't have to worry anymore. But, even after the first trimester I am going to worry. It's just in my nature.

I wouldn't say I am "showing" already, but I would say I don't have much to wear that is comfortable fitting. I have a little bump, but I could still be "baby bloated" who knows. Then again, I did gain ten pounds already....

7 comments:

Jennie said...

I am so excited for you. Your baby will be a couple of months younger than mine. It is pretty cool to hear the heart beat. Just wait till you can start feeling the baby move.

kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelli said...

congratulations! i don't believe we've met - missy mac is a good friend of mine and i saw your blog on her page.

i'm so sorry to hear you must eat gluten-free - i'm leaning towards a gluten-free plant-based diet and i'm finding it aint easy! (i can tolerate gluten but i know it's not the healthiest) tonight i had gluten-free pasta that just wasn't the same... i feel for you!

i am teaming up with some others to come up with delicious, healthy gluten-free treats to sell here in jersey. (i am learning that blanched almond flour is a good substitute from this great blog - have you seen it? http://www.elanaspantry.com/) i will send you our best recipes!

hope you're feeling better. stay happy =)

Shelly said...

I doubt you will be showing for awhile, but I hope you don't call it a "baby bump." I hate that. It sounds like a disease. It was so exciting to see the ultrasound picture. I know you don't feel well, but I hope you treasure this wonderful time - even keep a journal--someday you'll want the memories, and you'll have your own pregnancy stories to share.

kelli said...

thanks for the links! i'll definitely be in touch!

kelli said...

that deleted comment was me, by the way. forgot to spell check! =)

Shannon said...

You are going to be the cutest pregnant girl ever. Congrats!!