Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Word of Wisdom

I have been dissecting the Word of Wisdom (Doctrine & Covenants Section 89)lately because I want to obviously follow the Word of Wisdom, but also be healthier for my own good. I was reading the verses that deal with eating meat, and we are told to eat it sparingly. Now the word sparingly is often an opinion to those who decide how much sparingly really means. To me it means meat does not need to be eaten in every meal, and that's exactly what I am going to live by. I am choosing to only eat meat from home, I have more assurance knowing whats in it and how it is prepared. When it comes to eating out at restaurants I will choose to not eat meat. How can I trust their meats don't have hormones or fillers that could cause my health to deteriorate in the long run. I have also decided to go back to cutting soda out of my diet as well. It's empty calories filled with a cheaper sugar source and nasty dyes. I don't need that in my body. I especially don't need to be passing that stuff along to my baby.

I want to start taking the Word of Wisdom more seriously because I know it was written for our health. I know that I should take better care of my body. Heavenly Father gave it to me to take care of. My body is a temple and I should not mistreat it. I vow to eat candy in moderation, reduce my meat intake and discard soda completely. I am so happy to be making this decision. I feel so good about it, that it's the right decision for my body.

No comments: