Friday, April 2, 2010

Our Precious M.E.

I went into labor around 9PM Tuesday March 23. We went to Los Robles around 11PM. Got an epidural around 1AM (worst moment of anxiety ever) I cried most of the night out of fear of course. My mom and Robert slept in the delivery room with me. I wasn't dilating very fast, which was fine since they cranked up the epidural for me. The nurses thought I would deliver by the next evening. So we slept all night and by 1PM, Wednesday March 24, my OB came in to check my dilation and said "Oh, well there's her head, looks like you're having a baby now, I'll go get changed", Robert called everyone right away so they could make it down in time. I had my mom, Robert, my step-mom, and Brenna in the delivery room to watch. The epidural worked so well I couldn't feel a thing, so I wasn't so afraid of the delivery until they rolled in the cart with all the shiny sharp tools. I decided to take my headband and pull it over my eyes so I would be able to focus on the delivery rather than the shiny tools and my OB's face in between my legs. After about 5 sets of 3 pushes, our M.E. arrived at 2:21PM. She weighed in at 5 lbs 15 oz and was 18 3/4 long. She came 2 1/2 weeks early. I was so ready. We have had her home for a week now and we are so in love with her. She is beautiful, looks just like her daddy, and sleeps so well. She has just been perfect. We are so thankful for her, and she is truly a blessing to us. We thank our Heavenly Father everyday for her. We know what a miracle she is.

6 comments:

Heather and Spencer said...

She is beautiful! Hopefully I will be able to stop by sometime next week to see the 2 of you!

Emily said...

Congrats!!! Sounds like it went pretty smooth! I hope you are recovering well! If you ever need to vent or cry or anything - call me! I was an emotional wreck the first few weeks Aimee came home. Anyway, I'm so excited for you! Post more pictures soon.

Lauren said...

so happy for you...she's adorable...can't wait to meet her ;)

carly said...

congrats! i knew you could do it! she is soo pretty! aren't they so much fun!?!? and seriously, if anyone has a baby under 8 lb's i'm sooo jealous. especially 5lbs! cru was a whopping 8lb 15oz so enjoy her tinyness!

Shannon & Justin Hutchins said...

She is beautiful!! Congrats and I am sure you are the best mom. Enjoy every minute it does go by fast.

Amber said...

Yeah! Congratulations Robert and Bethany! M.E. is precious.
P.S. I love the new blog header picture. What a cute family