Thursday, July 29, 2010

4 Months of Parenthood

We are both still trying to get it down. But I'd say we are A+ students so far.

About M.E.:
M.E has been sleeping through the night for over a month now. She is growing bigger and stronger each day. She LOVES watching TV. She will focus on it and when she sees something she likes, she gives the cutest giggle. M.E. is trying to rollover, but mostly just wiggles herself until she is upside down. She gets "tummy time" in the pool, which thankfully she loves being in the water. She has allergies just like us. She loves to grab Nessie's hair. M.E. loves to be talked to and she will hold a conversation with you, one you wont be able to understand, but a conversation none the less. She is starting to nap better during the day and doesn't mind being changed now. She does not sleep in the same bed as us. She sleeps in the same room as us and that is good enough. She is still on formula. I refuse to jeopardize her immune system with baby food until she is 6 months. The pediatrician thought it would be a good idea to wait with her since I have a fair share of food allergies. I really don't want her to suffer from the same disease I do. Other than all that she is generally a happy baby that keeps her parents busy and has her Daddy wrapped around her itty bitty finger. She has filled our life with joy and completes our family.

About Bethany:
I am tired. I'm forgetful. I miss hanging with friends. I miss going wherever I want when I want. I love my dogs, and am sorry I don't get to walk them or play with them as often. I probably don't give Robert the constant attention that I used to. To my single/childless friends, I'm sorry I don't see you as often and that our schedules don't always coincide. I love you anyways. So far all the plans I had about how I wanted to raise M.E. has worked out. I love her dearly and need her in my life. I haven't needed my anti-anxiety meds for a few months now. She keeps me busy enough that I don't have the time to focus on my anxieties or my obsessive compulsive behavior.

About Robert:
He works so hard. We both share the joys of 24/7 working. He gets up and goes to work where he gets paid  from his hard labor, and then he comes home and works some more, where he is rewarded with big smiles and giggles. He has become very patient and has taken a loving to fatherhood. I know he is tired. I know he misses friend time as well. I know he misses alone time with me and spur of the moment adventures. He loves his daughter and his daughter loves him. He puts in more effort than I do with the dogs, and helps out so much with cleaning and laundry. I couldn't have found a better man.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Who would expect you to have her in bed with you? That's how babies get squished.