Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Weekend Get Away

This last weekend, Robert and I went to my dad's timeshare in Oxnard Shores. Pretty much my favorite beach. We were going to take M.E. along, but she still had a cold so she stayed with my mom. It ended up being just the two of us, and that is exactly what we needed.

We enjoyed a lovely walk on the beach Saturday morning. It was so warm and sunny. Not a good day to surf though. The waves were breaking way too close. Many people were out on their sail boats. We decided to look for sea shells and sea glass.







After the beach we headed down to Main Street, Ventura for the vintage and antique shops. We go so often that I didn't even think of getting pictures. Basically, it's the main street with all the hipsters and hipster stores along with antique shops, lovely restaurants, vintage shops and second hand donation stores.

We made our own dinner at the time share. Friday night, Robert made chicken Pad Thai and Saturday night he grilled up some tilapia for fajitas. I ended up getting hives from the tilapia (farm raised fish just doesn't agree with me)

Sunday morning after checking out of our stay, we ate at this cute little dinner. I got the eggs Florentine on a bed of spinach. Robert got the pumpkin pancakes with walnuts.

We had a great time together, but we really missed our little girl. I hope next time she can come with us.

No comments: