Thursday, September 8, 2011

Queen Mary Adventure Time

A few months ago groupon had a one night deal for the Queen Mary. Robert has never stayed there, though we toured it back during our honeymoon. He has always wanted to stay aboard the cruise line ship turned hotel. We didn't have the money really to take advantage of this deal, but I had earned plenty over the past year and a half selling off of etsy. I decided it will be our Christmas present. Neither of us really need anything, except a small quiet staycation together. I bought it. Robert was so excited. Deal was, we had to use it ASAP. So we celebrated Christmas in August with just the 2 of us.
Our Room

Ate at Ruby's

The Hanger that once held Howard Hughes, Spruce Goose 

Our view of Long Beach and the massive aquarium

Sun bathing alone at Captains Sun Deck

Atop the Captains Sun Deck stage


Original lifeboat

Our tour guide for our Haunted Encounters tour at door 13 where a soldier was crushed by the door during WWII.

Our tour guide for our Behind the Scenes tour. This is the Queens Salon where 1st class danced along Fred Astaire and to the voice of Bob Hope. We got to go in. It was beautiful. I now wish we had our reception there. 

In the restaurant where I encountered my first Queen Mary ghost when I was younger

Anyone for Ping Pong?

No comments: