Saturday, May 26, 2012

Wednesday's Child


M.E. was born on a Wednesday. And if anyone knows that old nursery rhyme "Monday's Child" and if anyone is around M.E. enough, they will begin to figure out that the day she was born on totally fits her personality.

Here is the poem for reference:

Monday's Child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.*

So M.E. was born on a Wednesday like I said. She was always a very good baby. Now in her toddler stage she cries and fake cries over everything. Melodramatic I would say. She will cry over little things like most frustrated toddlers do - but this is where the nursery rhyme fits in. As she is crying or fake crying, real tears or fake tears will come down her face and she will pause and ask you to bring her towel to dry her eyes. Really? A towel? To dry your eyes? C'mon.

I've charted this nursery rhyme on myself and Robert. And I really think it is a true forecast. I was born on a Tuesday and have been told I am graceful when it comes to physical activities. I think my body movements naturally portray a graceful nature. Though over the past few years I feel I have been losing my grace and sense of balance. Robert was born on a Friday. He is very much a loving and giving person. Part of the reason I chose to marry him. Sometimes he can be overly loving to me and overly giving to other's outside of the family.

Give this rhyme a try. See if it fits in your family dynamics. It may or may not.

*for the ignorant folk, gay means happy

No comments: