Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Much Needed Weekend Getaway

Last weekend we took advantage of my dad's time share in Oxnard Shores. We arrived Saturday night, after I got off work. We hit up Cafe Rio for dinner and then walked down to the beach from our condo. It was surprisingly light and warm. M.E. wanted to jump in the water right away, with all her clothes on. Her and Robert rolled up their pants and headed out. The waves were breaking really close to the shoreline, and the sun was setting beautifully. After awhile I walked in the water with M.E. and we had a fun time holding hands, enjoying the warm salt water on our toes.


I took these two top photos using picstitch and instagram.




Robert took these photos using his Canon Rebel XSI plus flash.

M.E. slept really well. Probably because she got the master bedroom with the king size bed and awesomely soft pillows. Robert and I didn't sleep real well - we had to sleep in the loft room on the full size bed. NBD, M.E. slept in and I was able to wake early and make breakfast.
After breakfast we headed over to the Ventura Swap Meet. I love Swap Meets! All the awesome random things. treasures and junk. Here are a few of my favorite treasures.
Vintage embroidered pillowcases

Vintage State table cloths

Vintage clothing, best part of the day!


A doll case/trunk

Awesome skateboards

Metal bowls. I seriously want a collection of these.

A doll pram. If I had $250 to burn, and we had a separate toy room for M.E., I would have bought this for her.

Steins. Only because I'm German.

After the Swap Meet, we went back to the beach, where M.E. dug a whole and stood in it, then went back to the water. It was so incredibly overcast and cold so we went back to the condo and sat in the hot tub. By the time we left, which was around 5 or 6, the sun finally came out and warmed up. Doesn't matter, because we had such a fun time as a family. I look forward to doing it again. 







1 comment:

MaryAnn said...

Looks like you got a good balanced little vacation. Good for you!